Frequently Asked Questions


Q.  When will the snow be removed from my street?
A.  The Village of Kitscoty will respond as quickly as possible to snowfalls.  The streets are cleared on a priority basis.  View the Policy PW001_Snow Removal and Sanding for Roadways and Sidewalks_2015-11-02.  The Village cannot guarantee that lanes will be cleaned.  Snow removal from lanes may occur after all snow removal activities on the streets are completed.
Q.  How long do I have to shovel the snow/ice off my sidewalk?
A.  You have 24 hours after a snowfall to remove snow/ice from your sidewalk.  Please do not place snow from driveways and sidewalks onto public property or streets.  Residents must also ensure that tree branches or shrubs do not overhang onto the sidewalks.
Q. Can I drive my Sled or Quad through the Village?
A. No.  Traffic laws must be observed.  Please use the most direct route to outlying areas (please do not drive around the Village)
Q. What are the quiet times for the Village?
A. Quiet hours are from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am (this includes barking dogs)
Q. Who do I call in a Water or Sewer Emergency?
A. Please contact our Public Works at 780-808-0517.
Q.  What are the hours of the transfer station?
A.  May 1st to October 31st: Wednesday 2-7, Thursday 1-5, Saturday 10-4
November 1st to April 30th: Wednesday 2-5, Saturday 10-4
Q. I am new to the Village, where can I find information about schools, Power and Gas providers, Internet providers and Satelite providers?
A. You can contact the Village office at 780-846-2221 or click HERE to view the Village Welcome Pamphlet.
Q.  How do I make a complaint?
A.  The Village Office has a Concern report that you can fill out.  Whether animal related, noise, unsightly yards, etc, if it is written on a concern report, the Village will be able to act on the concern. We encourage residents to include their contact information on the form – this information will remain confidential. The Village may not take any actions on concern reports submitted anonymously.  Phone the office for details or click here for the Concern Report
Q.  Can recreation vehicles (eg. motor homes, fifth wheel trailer, etc.) be parked on the street in the Village of Kitscoty?
A.  Yes, they may be parked on the street for a period up to 48 hours to load and unload.  Parking is not allowed on the boulevards.  Semi tractors and trailers are NOT permitted on the residential streets.  There is parking for large vehicles across from the Wheatfield Inn on 49th Avenue. 
Q. How can I pay my Village of Kitscoty Water/Sewer/Garbage Utility bill or my Village of Kitscoty taxes?
A. The Village of Kitscoty accepts online bill payments from the following financial institutions: ATB, Royal Bank of Canada, Bank of Montreal, Scotia Bank, TD Canada Trust, CIBC and  all Credit Unions.  As well payments can be made in person during business hours, sent via Canada Post to Box 128 or dropped off in the mail slot at the Village Office.
Q. Can I receive my utility bills by email?
A. Yes, as of January 2017 the village now has the ability to email your monthly utility bills.  Just fill out the EMAIL CONSENT FORM and submit it to the Village office.
Q. Who are the Electricity and Natural Gas Providers for the Village of Kitscoty?
A. ATCO Electric and ATCO Gas are the distributors for electricity and natural gas in the Village of Kitscoty.  A list of Competitive Retailors can be found at the Utilities Consumer Advocate Website.  Contact the Office of the Utilities Consumer Advocate at 310-4822 (toll free in Alberta) for more information about your options.  Shedding Light on your energy bill is a video created by ATCO Electric to help consumers understand their energy bills.
Q.  Can I park in the back alley?
A.  No.  Vehicles and trailers are not allowed to be parked in back alleys.
Q.  How do I report a streetlight outage?
A. Visit ATCO Electric’s Website at… or call the Village Office at 780-846-2221. 
Q.  Does my pet have to be licensed?
A.  Yes.  Animal tags expire on December 31 of every year and new tags are required on January 1st of every year.  Cat & Dog License Application
Dog Tag-$25.00   Cat Tag-$15.00   Replacement Tag-$10.00
If your animal has a tag and is picked up by the Animal Control Officer, the owner will be notified and if possible, picked up immediately after the Running at Large Fine is paid at the Village Office.  Otherwise, the animal will be transported to the SPCA.
If your animal does not have a tag, it will be transported to the SPCA.  Before you can claim your animal, the Running at Large Fine must be paid at the Village Office.